For many people, it simply doesn’t make sense to have thousands tied up in a property but be short of spending money for the things in life that matter. What can make sense is finding a way to access your cash without having to sell up and move home.
You may feel you’ve worked hard throughout your life and now you deserve to kick back and enjoy yourself. Perhaps you have a bucket list you’d like to tick off? If you’re looking for a lump sum, or to increase your income to treat yourself and your family then Equity Release could be just what you need.
Typically, if you are over 55 and own your own home, you could release some of the equity in your home to allow you to enjoy life’s little luxuries.
People are already using Equity Release for:
- Home Improvements
- Holidays and travel
- Clearing debts and mortgages
- New cars
- Gifts to family
If eligible, you could get a loan based on your age and the value of your home – minimum loan amounts typically start at £10,000. You may take the money you release as a lump sum or as several smaller amounts, or a combination of both, and spend the money however you like.
Best of all you will still own your home and can carry on living in it.
The loan will eventually be repaid when the property is sold, either on death or when the owner(s) have moved in with family or into residential care.
As Equity Release specialists, we are convinced of the merits of raising capital by these means as long as the following measures are taken:
- All possible alternatives are discussed with your advisor and your family.
- The initial release matches your plans. Don’t take out any more than you need.
- You receive independent equity release advice from a suitably qualified advisor
- The recommended lender complies with the ERC Code of Conduct
- You receive separate legal representation from that of the lender. This will involve a face-to-face meeting with your solicitor.
- You receive a Key Facts Illustration and a Suitability Report covering all aspects of your advisor’s recommendation including set up costs, interest rate, future balances and early repayment charges.
To find out if you are eligible, call Michael Hodgetts, Lighthouse Platinum Wealth Management Ltd T: 01473 730 999 E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equity Release may involve a lifetime mortgage or a home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks of an Equity Release scheme please ask for a personalised illustration. Equity Release may not be right for everyone. It may affect your entitlement to state benefits and will reduce the value of your estate. Check that this mortgage will meet your needs if you want to move or sell your home or want your family to inherit it. Lighthouse Platinum Wealth Management Ltd is an appointed representative of Lighthouse Advisory Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.